The Redistricting Process
The City of Palm Desert is initiating a redistricting process to shift from the current two-district system to a new five-district system. The redistricting process will determine where the new City Council district lines will be drawn. The five new districts will impact how voters elect members of the City Council until the next redistricting process following the 2030 Census.
Our primary goal when developing election districts is to draw lines that respect neighborhoods, history and geographical elements. So we want to know: What do you consider the boundaries of your neighborhood?
How to participate?
Share your specific thoughts, draw a map, or attend an upcoming workshop to get involved!
- Submit written testimony about the process or a specific map to email@example.com.
- Click here to see the calendar of workshops and public hearings at which you can speak about the process or a specific map.
- Click here for information on drawing and submitting maps.
At the hearings and workshops, we want you to:
- Define your neighborhood or community of interest
- Get the tools you need to draw a map of one district or of all five districts
- Share your opinions of the draft maps